Find this episode on iTunes HERE (or listen below).
- How he wrecked and fixed his own gut, and how he helps others fix theirs.
- Why a nutrient-dense diet is the starting point for those struggling with gut issues.
- How to mitigate the effects that extreme endurance exercise can have on the gut.
- Why sometimes it's better to get some basic tests rather than hit a wall and keep struggling.
- Why blue-blockers aren't the answer to all your sleep problems.
Below are a list of supplements that Chris uses personally, which he feels most people (particularly if recovering from a gut health problem) could benefit from:
- Thorne FX AM/PM multivitamin complex
- Primal Defense Ultra 90 probiotic, alternated with Prescript-Assist and Equilibrium
- Nordic Naturals Arctic Omega fish oil
- Alpha Lipoid Acid ("occasionally, 'cos it's pricey")
Chris also talks about using a changeable LED strip light (like this one) to help maintain his circadian rhythm.
Chris and his wife Julie have their own podcast, which you can find HERE. It's a great podcast aimed at people looking to have optimally healthy babies and families. An episode featuring yours truly is in post-production....
Due to some technical issues this week, we couldn't get a three-way video link done for a YouTube version, so instead you can watch Chris' tips on how to leave a review for the Eat Better podcast!